Helpful Gifts from the Heart Quick Facts
- Founded by a mother who has a child with cancer
- A non-profit organization striving to help those families who have received a diagnosis of pediatric cancer.
- Our goal is to provide practical gifts to those families who are currently undergoing treatment for childhood cancer.
- Helpful Gifts can include gift certificates for the hospital cafeteria, gifts to offset bridge tolls, parking, meals and transportation to and from the hospital.
- In addition to helping families, Helpful Gifts from the Heart also makes contributions to other 501(c)3 organizations that share our mission to assist families and find a cure for pediatric cancer.
Testimonials from Families
"Your generous gift took some weight off our shoulders. It helped us buy an air conditioner, which we desperately needed for our son's room. We don't have words to express our thanks. When we thought all doors were closed for help, your foundation opened up our hearts."
"THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the very generous Target gift card. The timing could not be more perfect...we are completely out of laundry detergent (I was down to using shampoo). You have completely made my day; this was the answer to my prayers"
"We received the Target gift card on the 2nd day of treatment and I thought, 'Christmas is taken care of.' It was amazing. Thank you so much."
Testimonials from Hospital Staffs
"Thank you for your support of Ronald McDonald Family Room at CHOP. The families appreciate your kindness and generosity and are inspired by your story."
- Family Room Coordinator
"I am grateful that your organization is there to help so many family dealing with this and to lift their spirits with your message of hope and healing."
- Social Worker